Days Vary 3:00pm - 11:30pm with weekend rotation
R1 is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1 is publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patient's and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization's infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Patient Registration Representative will be responsible for accurate and timely patient registration utilizing medical systems. This person will assign ICD-10 and CPT codes relative to patient registration. This person will utilize facility medical necessity tool to verify appropriate diagnosis and coverage criteria. This work will need to be performed according to established policies and procedures. The associate will provide exceptional customer service to physicians, patients, family members and all other medical professionals. In addition to the day to day responsibilities, this person will actively participate in quality improvement and innovative change processes as well as departmental meetings and educational offerings.
In this role, the successful candidate must have demonstrated experience handling patients with efficiency and accuracy to broad customer base.
* Perform registration and basic insurance verification, ensuring collection of 7 critical data elements necessary for proper patient identification and billing.
* Identify and update patient demographic information on ADT system as defined by departmental policy and procedures.
* Interpret physician orders for appropriate testing or admission criteria.
* Coordinate patient admission needs and beds assignment to facilitate timely patient placement.
* Identify non-participating Insurances or Out of Networks plans; takes necessary steps to inform patients and physicians regarding options, including but not limited to canceling appointment.
* Obtain Insurance Card copies or validate insurance information via electronic medical record, transfer information, or insurance eligibility tool.
* Provide courteous and accurate patient and hospital information with way finding instructions for patients, families, visitors, and ancillary areas.
* Prepare documents for imaging/scanning into electronic patient record.
* Explains processes and forms to patients prior to securing signatures and ensures that all documents are properly signed and witnessed as required.
* Assemble and disassemble patient charts or departmental documents according to department policy.
* Copying and or faxing documents to ancillary areas or physician offices.
* Maintain inventory control of forms and paper supplies needed in area.
* Assist with all possible account resolutions pertaining to patient balances.
* Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED required
* Experience with customer service
* Computer savvy with experience navigating between multiple systems simultaneously
* Must have MS Office Experience and excellent typing skills
* Must have a high degree of customer service skills in order to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, physicians and care teams
* Must demonstrate problem-solving abilities and high attention to detail
* Must be able to stand, walk, sit and move freely for extended periods of time
* Must be able to work in a patient care environment with exposure to infection or contagious disease
* Experience working in a healthcare environment
* Completed a Medical Terminology class
* Certification in healthcare access preferred
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovative and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package. To learn more, visit: r1rcm.com
Associated topics: medical, medical lab science, medical laboratory science, microbiology, mls, molecular, sterile processing technician, technologist, testing, toxicology