We are excited to announce that Averitt is now an elite member and proud to offer the Post 9/11 GI Bill On-The-Job Training program for veterans and/or family members with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits available.
So whether you served our country several years ago or a few days ago, we believe every veteran deserves to work with a team that has your back- and a company that has your future. That's why we don't just take pride in our veterans- we take care of them.
If you're looking for a place to hang your hat, take a closer look at Averitt. Whatever branch you're coming from, whatever knowledge you bring to the table, we can't wait to put your experience to work, and your mind at ease.
In fact we're committed to hiring twelve hundred or more veterans by the year 2020. Nearly 2,000 veterans are already at ease with us and we're always looking to grow that number.How the On-The-Job (OJT) program works:
Must have previously served in the U.S. military or a family members with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits available. To check to see if you have available benefits, please visit
or call 888-###-####. It could take the V.A. approximately 90 days to determine eligibility.We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
If you qualify for the Post 9/11 GI benefits, you are eligible to get up to 12 monthly payments from the V.A. while you receive on-the-job training.
Everyone participating in this program will receive 6 weeks behind the wheel training, the remaining 46 weeks you will work with a mentor & leadership for follow-up training/ communication.
Eligible veterans will complete all required paperwork during orientation. Benefit checks are paid directly from the Department of Veteran Affairs, not Averitt
, usually 4-6 weeks after training begins.Eligible to earn up to $1,140 per month tax free using your available Post 9/11 GI Bill funds PLUS your weekly Averitt paycheck PLUS up to $4,800 tuition/transition bonus from Averitt (paid weekly)!Why Choose Averitt:
- Uniformed company with quality people and a culture which includes strong structure and organization.
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion from within after completion of the 12 month OJT program.
- 1,000 (10%) associates who have been with the Averitt team for 20 or more years!
- Leading transportation provider since 1971.Military Student Training Program:
- Must have a valid CDL-A with Post 9/11 GI benefits available.
- Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 daysOR
have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility).
- You will be paid $800/ week for the first 6-weeks of behind the wheel training.After successful completion of your behind the wheel your pay scale will be:Along with your Post 9/11 GI benefits PLUS our $4,800 tuition/transition bonus (paid weekly)
$800/ week for the 1st
week - 6th
.46 cpm for the 7th
week - 12 months
.48 cpm after 12 months
* Accelerated pay available for veterans who wish to not use or do not have GI benefits but have military driving experience. Please see website for full details.Minimum Mileage Pay=
- Loads less than 400 miles picked up and delivered will be paid at 400 miles.
- 2 day loads less than 800 miles picked up and delivered will be paid at 800 miles.
- Additional unloading /loading pay when required ($50 full load; $25 partial load)
- $20 stop pay (not to include origin or destination)
- Breakdown ($14/hr: takes effect after 2 hrs. not to exceed 10 hrs in a 24 hr period)
- Layover ($100 after a 24 hr period- allowed 50 miles)
- Detention ($20/hr after 2 hrs for majority of customers)
- 4 day paid orientation ($684) in Cookeville, TN plus free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.Equipment & Safety:
- Assigned, safe, well-maintained Volvos & Freightliners.
- All with APUs and 100% automatic transmissions.
- Our equipment has several intelligent safety features to include: collision- avoidance system, lane-departure system, anti-jackknife/ rollover stability system and much more.
- Safely park at more than 100 Averitt facilities, many with on-duty security, fuel pumps, showers, exercise rooms and driver convenience centers with Wi-Fi.About Our Regional Driving Position:
- Primarily southern, southwest and mid-west lanes (25 states)
- Occasional runs to the Northeast (The Northeast is considered to be NJ and PA)
- We do not
go into CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME, Canada and NY state. (NYC runs are limited and optional)
- Home EVERY Week; 36 - 48 hours at home(with the option of being out longer and averaging higher miles)-
84% of our Regional Drivers are home by noon on Saturdays.
- Over 90% NO-TOUCH freight
- PrePass PlusBenefits:
- Family& individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL
starting as low as:$81.70 per week for family coverage
$32.05 per week for single coverageWith the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation)
- Rider program (legal spouse only)
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plans
- Averitt smartphone app for our drivers to download to assist with communication & convenience
- Driver Support Specialists located at our Service Centers to assist our drivers & help with concerns face to face
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness programs available
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: driving school, entry level, great training, no cdl required, student driving, student truck driving, trainee, truck driving intern, we train y, we train you