15E Unmanned Aircraft Systems Repairers
Job Views: 14
Location: PEORIA, Illinois, United States
ZIP Code: 61607
Job Category: Aviation
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
Drones are a game-changer on today's battlefield. Being able to observe our enemies to gain intel from an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle creates a huge tactical advantage for our forces in the field. And it's up to the Unmanned Aircraft Systems Repairers to keep these aircraft ready to fly and collect and transmit critical information.
In this role, you will repair the Army National Guard aircraft's electrical, avionics, propulsion and fuel systems, and oversee maintenance of equipment wiring harnesses, electrical components, and radio frequency paths.
* Maintenance of optical payloads, weapons systems, electrical systems, radio frequency systems, and takeoff/landing systems
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Electrical theory and system maintenance
* Troubleshooting procedures
* Preference for mathematics and shop mechanics
* Ability to work as a member on a team
* Working with electrical and electronic equipment
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience for a civilian career with aircraft manufacturers, commercial airlines, and government agencies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Repairers consists of 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 17 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.